Earnings season is a crucial time for investors and analysts, as it provides insights into how well companies have performed over the past quarter and gives indications of their future earnings. In 2023, expectations for US Q1 earnings were low due to economic challenges and rising interest rates. Surprisingly, many companies beat these low expectations, with 75% of S&P 500 companies surpassing forecasts.
EUR/USD very little changed since this morning
2020-10-30 • Updated
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
EUR/JPY: The EUR/JPY pair has just surpassed the Tenkan sen level. A failed attempt to move higher will lead the pair into fresh lows.
US Market View
- EUR/USD very little changed since this morning trading at the area of 1.1680, while USDJPY is trading at 104.50
- Wall Street was set to tumble again on Friday, triggered by a sell-off in tech heavyweights following their underwhelming business updates, with a record rise in coronavirus cases and nerves over the presidential election adding to a downbeat mood.
- Apple fell 4% in trading before the opening bell after it posted the steepest drop in quarterly iPhone sales in two years due to the late launch of new 5G phones.
- Amazon fell 1.7% after it forecast a jump in costs related to COVID-19 and Facebook shed 1.5% as it warned of a tougher 2021.
- Google parent Alphabet Inc climbed 7% after it beat estimates for quarterly sales as businesses resumed advertising.
When I started trading stocks a few years ago, I often needed to pay more attention to my technical analysis skills and trust that the market would play fair according to my analysis. I have since discovered that the safer approach to trading stocks is to, more often than not, seek out investing opportunities - that is, catching stock commodities with a potential to rise.
The S&P 500 had a good week due to the impressive start of Q1 earnings and favorable inflation data. In March, the consumer price index rose 5%, lower than the previous month's 6%, and met economists' expectations.
After creating record highs, Wall Street's main indexes opened on Wednesday and began to edge lower, reflecting cautious sentiment among investors. They're eagerly awaiting crucial inflation data that could impact the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate decisions. The upcoming release of the personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index is expected...
The month of February saw markets make several instinctive moves as well as create opportunities for proper leveraging of fundamental releases. Despite being a leap-year, there wasn’t any real impact on price delivery in the course of the month. As we await the opportunities that lie ahead in the month of March, here are a few thoughts to consider.
USD/CHF saw a rebound after declining for two days straight, climbing towards the important psychological level of 0.8800 during Wednesday's early Asian trading session. There's some pressure on the Swiss Franc (CHF) as traders await the Swiss ZEW Survey – Expectations report scheduled for later today. Moreover, investors are keeping...